Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What is this? I have a blog? (draft from December)

Oh yeah! I have a blog! I completely forgot! So, if you pay attention to time stamps, you will notice that it is three in the morning. I'm on "break" and I can't sleep. What up with that?

Well, with that rhetorical question out of the way, lets move on. What have I done since early september? Probably exactly the same things: homework, projects, homework, complain about how Henry loads the dishwasher, homework. I have however traded homework for gradschool applications. I'm applying to about a million schools because I have little confidence and Henry and I are attempting the impossible -- finding a school that fits both of us. Even if we don't get accepted to the same school, I'm really happy to follow him and kind of felt like that would be the plan from the get go. Part of being married I suppose, you get to follow your best friend around the country and be a substitute teacher/work retail? ... well, thats a little specific I suppose.

I have been e-mailing potential advisors, and have gotten a few hopeful responses. I got one today from a highly respected man in the field who said I would be a great fit for his lab! The problem: He is moving his lab to Auckland New Zealand next summer. He wants me to apply. Ha. Auckland. Sounds gross, but is pretty nice. It's also ranked 54th (I'm nearly positive this is the right number) in the WORLD for computer engineering. When you look at it on a map, you can only see Australia and Antarctica. Oh, and summer starts in January. This probably won't happen, but its neat to think about. Ha. Auckland.

Lastly, I would like to make a confession. I like Jennette McCurdy. So talented. No lie. Here is a link to prove it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-G0PVC7Fw&feature=channel

No comments:

Post a Comment