Friday, May 7, 2010

Boxes of Soap

I WAS RIGHT! (This is the part where I rant about a married couple argument... Married life is sort of like the sitcoms on T.V. in this respect. Sometimes I'm pretty sure our apartment is bugged for "Everybody Loves Raymond" episodes.) I have been telling Henry for months now that our DVD player is broken. Every single DVD we have tried to watch, be it from movie gallery, block buster, Christian, or brand new from target, skip! A lot! Henry argued that every single one of those DVDs must be damaged. That makes no sense, the common denominator is the DVD player. I'm not sure why he fights so hard for that thing to be without fault, it was free for crying out loud! Its not like we dropped a whole lot of money on some amazing player.... his professor gave it to him after he (the professor) broke the remote. Anyway, I was trying to watch H.P (this being day six of the series) and I was getting overwhelmingly frustrated with the dumb skipping so I switched the DVD to the PS2. And what happened? Presto! No problemo! Every-DVD-Must-Be-Broken my butt! Ha! Vindicated.

I have one more soapbox to stand on today:
Lets talk about facebook security. My cousin sent out a mass message the other day to almost everyone he knows asking for addresses to send graduation invitations to. Everyone has been replying by hitting the "reply all" button so now I have an inbox full of strangers addresses (not to mention an annoying notification every time someone replies). Its the notifications that really bother me this time. I don't expect his family and friends will use these addresses maliciously (although I feel tempted to anonymously send them all free samples of products they don't need). Anyway, the solution is simple. If you look next to the name of the person who sent the mass message, there is a small, blue "reply" button. If you press that button instead, you will be able to send a private message to the sender therefore enhancing your security and preventing annoying notifications from/for everyone else. I've written several friendly messages to this thread, but I can't make myself send them. I'm already the black sheep so I'm afraid that any "helpful" hints will be seen as patronizing. Sticky situation. Thank goodness for blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment