Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Green Beans, H.P., Hanson, and Chocos

I can't sleep. Probably because I woke up a little after 1:00 this afternoon and then did absolutely nothing all day but watch Seventh Heaven. I don't even like Seventh Heaven all that much. Luckily this ended when a friend called around six and Henry and I went out to eat with him. The evening was finished with the third installment of a six night series in which Henry and I watch all of the Harry Potter movies. Haha, I guess that cat is out of the bag. I'm sort of a Harry Potter fan. I blame the green beans from my dad's church for that one. I had only a slight interest in Harry Potter movies prior to those particular green beans. You see, I got a nasty stomach bug after eating a laaaaarge amount leftover pot luck green beans (I realize now that that's sketch) and my family refused to let me out of my room and would only shove Harry Potter DVDs under the door. I watched the ones that were out at the time and then was overwhelmed with this urge to know what happens in the end of the series. My husband refused to tell me the end, but let me borrow all of his books after the bug passed. I read them all pretty quickly after that. The last one is amazing, and the books are more detailed than the movies. Nonetheless, I still can't wait for the last book to come out in theaters.

Speaking of media (thats a terrible segue, I know), I am super pumped about seeing Hanson in the fall! I realize the chances of someone reading this and taking me seriously are slim, but if you will humor me and check out their new album on myspace, you might be amazed. Puberty did those three well (as did switching genres).

I have no segue for this, but I would like to talk about my new shoes for a moment. I finally broke down and bought some Choco's for my birthday. I have wanted these shoes for a few years now, but never tried any on. I had some free time last week and went to Reed's to try some on, just for fun. I couldn't take them off! It's like I had never worn real shoes before. I was so excited, that I refused to take them off and walked out of the store with them on! (I paid for them first, of course!) Once I got home, I realized that I had probably bought a size too small. After texting a friend, that conclusion was confirmed. They were so great, I didn't even notice I had french fries and biscuits! (French fries: toes hang off the front, Biscuits: Heel hangs off the back... terminology from a friend in NOLA) Embarrassingly, I went back for a size nine. Best. Shoes. Ever.

1 comment: