Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Doctors Orders

I have a medical excuse for the whole not waking up until 1:00 pm thing! Turns out that "drowsy" label is an understatement. Anywho, that medication is no longer effective so he upped the dosage... which will make me sleep even more. Good thing it's summer. He also offered some new insight into the possible causation of said headaches. Evidently I am a type A person. (I was going to post a link to the wiki page, but their description of type A is kind of a downer.) This is causing high pulse, tremors, and headaches (and can cause early heart disease). If this is still the case in a month, I'll try some beta blockers which should take care of all of that. In the meantime, I am on a higher dose of what worked before and have been told to chill out for a while. Oh, and exercise more. How those two go together, I don't know. I'm guessing yoga is in my future. While I was there, he popped my neck in a few places. THEN he told me my neck would be sore and my headache would be worse for the next 24 hrs, but then feel better. Im not sure how I feel about this... other than sore. I guess if that part is true, then maybe the rest is too. His other advice was getting head massages. Now thats something I can get behind. We'll see how it goes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment